[Wine]Problem with Notes on Debian Wine

David Goodenough david.goodenough at btconnect.com
Tue Jun 7 05:54:00 CDT 2005

For a while now I have had a problem running Notes on Debian Wine.  Most of
the time it runs just fine, but whenever I try to open a mail document which
has an attachment Notes just terminates.

I have the log and the relevant bit seems to say:-

err:syslevel:_CheckNotSysLevel Holding lock 0x41311700 level 3
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
WineDbg starting on pid 0x8
In 32 bit mode.
0x40524a93 _CheckNotSysLevel+0x43 in kernel32: jmp      0x40524a76
_CheckNotSysLevel+0x26 in kernel32

I could not find this problem through google, although there were a few
references to _CheckNotSysLevel but slightly later in the code, so I was
unsure whether this is the same problem.  They seem to be in libntdll
rather than in kernel32 however so I am a bit confused as to where there
are two _CheckNotSysLevel functions.

David