[Wine]Wine-20050524 problem

James E. LaBarre jamesl at bestweb.net
Wed Jun 15 17:26:58 CDT 2005

>> It seems that wine20040419 is the most stable
>> release (the one used by
>> wine-tools).
>> But this version was released more than a year ago,
>> and it should NOT be
>> more stable than a newer version.
>> Wine should be moving forward NOT backward!
>
>My thoughts exactly.  As grateful as I am for the
>existence of Wine, I've been meaning to draft up a
>short email to the development team about my concerns
>about its progression.  The primary concern is that
>"yes.  Wine should be moving forward"

As I understand it, the problem with newer builds is with some core
functionality rewrites (such as Windowing code).  This is work that has
needed to be done for some time, and should result  in a far better Wine
(once it is stabilized) than we had before.

The unfortunate thing is that I make the *most* usage of Wine at work,
running Lotus Notes, and that is a critical app needed full-time.  So I
cannot readily test the newer builds the way I should be.