[Wine]The Sims won't run with debugger

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Wed Jun 15 17:26:28 CDT 2005

Joshua Crawford schreef:
> * Joshua Crawford <mortarn_lists at yahoo.com.au> [2005-06-10 10:10 +1000]:
>
>>G'day,
>>
>>I'm using a cvs version from a few days ago, and I've just installed The
>>Sims and its Livin' Large and House Party extensions with minimal fuss (the
>>icons were missing in the first setup/autorun screens).
>>
>>Trying to run the program, it displays a dialog with the title "A debugger
>>has been detected" and the text "Unload the debugger and try again".
>>
>>So, how can I disable/hide the debugger?
>

> Should I assume, since no-one has replied, that this is impossible?

No, not at all. The "debugger" is the game's copy protection detecting
that something is "not quite right". Locate a no-cd crack for the
version you've installed, and it should get you past that error. Let us
know if it runs; I'd like to play The Sims again, but haven't had time
(or HDD space) to install it.

Holly