[Wine]Re: WINE and localhost IP

David Botha fermier at gmx.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 12:48:05 CST 2005

> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:39:19 +0100 (MET), in
> gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user you wrote:
Thanks Rein for your response.  At first I did not want to agree with your
proposals, but you seem to have a point!  What I meant was that all normal
services, even my NFS is working under Linux and under WINE ftp etc. is
working.

Concerning your suggestions:

host khazad

where khazad is the hostname, gives:

[root at khazad fermier]# host khazad
;; Got SERVFAIL reply from 127.0.0.1, trying next server
Host khazad not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

So, I guess there is something broken that I never thought was broken!  Any
suggestions?  I can of course configure the whole setup to work off fixed
IP, but I am not sure whether this will really solve the problem....

There does not seem to be an equivalent under WINE, at least not any that I
could find.

I have already tried your other proposal earlier, before you suggested it.
I tried the following two /etc/hosts files:

192.168.0.2             khazad.tele2.fr khazad localhost
192.168.0.4             falahmizar.tele2.fr falahmizar falahmizar

127.0.0.1               khazad.tele2.fr khazad localhost
192.168.0.4             falahmizar.tele2.fr falahmizar falahmizar

where falahmizar is another Linux box serving as an NFS server and the DHCP
always gives khazad the IP 192.168.0.2 (There are only the two PC's on the
network.).  Neither of these two seemed to provide a working solution.  I
presume the program under WINE is always getting the IP 127.0.0.1 and this
is the IP that it finds unacceptable.

I have not found a solution to my problem yet, but I notice other WINE users
suffered from the same problem back in 2003 and even in 2002, but in these
threads there was never a suggested solution.  I was hoping that by now
someone has found a solution...

Thanks again.

fermier

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail