[Wine]Setting Regional Settings without setting the locale

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Tue Mar 1 19:19:29 CST 2005

I have a client that wants to run our program under Wine as if the client had
changed the Regional Settings to Spanish.

As I understand it that is most easily accomplished by e.g.
LANG=es_ES wine myprog

Unfortunately there is a slight problem in that the program goes through
unixODBC down into IBM DB2 and that then picks up the LANG setting itself and
does some translating that actually it should not do.

Is there any way that the client can set registry settings so that Wine will
behave as if under Spanish regional settings but the unixODBC and Linux IBM
DB2 driver won't?

(Note that the client isn't trying to set up the whole computer as Spanish,
just this program)

TIA
--
Bill Medland