[Wine]Debian SID versions messed ujp

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Thu Mar 3 08:35:40 CST 2005

On Thursday 03 March 2005 15:49, Roman Stöckl-Schmidt wrote:
> David Baron schrieb:
> | Last few days had wine 20050111-1 but was missing stuff like
>
> libwine-alsa. Any
>
> | attempt to install would remove all the existing modules.
> |
> | Now has everything for the 20050111-1 but has wine and wine-dev for
> | 20050211-1. Attempts to install will quack.
>
> Hi David!
> Are you talking about the stuff in the official apt repositories from a
> debian mirror or the stuff from winehq.org?
Debian mirror

> Because in the packages you can get from winehq.org all the stuff that
> is put into individual packages for the official debian release is just
> stuffed into two or three packages.
>
> I also didn't realise this in one occasion and was cracking my scull why
> ~ aptitude wanted to remove all the special libs like libwine-cups,alsa
> etc. Until I figured out that the wine packages from winehq.org already
> have all the stuff that is split up into individual packages for
> convenience from ftp.debian.org (or whatever mirror you get your packages
> from). Personally I have the wine version from sarge and the latest one
> built from source so I can compare how programs look for both versions... I
> still haven't figured out how to have it built to use freetype. Although
> I've got libfreetype6-dev, the fonts look all edgy...

Does this mean that ALL I need is wine and wine-dev (the 20050211 stuff) and
all the 20050111 stuff can go? The little tkwinecfg is also slated for
removal, by the way.

(I had previously compiled the 20050111 from winehq but had taken manually off
a lot of stuff from apt when I make installed. When I tried to get it back,
it put me back tot he previous version so I removed the 20050111 version.
Easiest, usually, to either do ALL apt or ALL compiles.)