[Wine]Wine suddenly stopped working on Suse 9.2

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Thu Mar 3 04:53:24 CST 2005

Am Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 11:45:29AM +0100 schrieb Thomas Börkel:
> HI!
>
> Joachim von Thadden wrote:
> >Am Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 10:51:55AM +0100 schrieb Thomas Börkel:
> >
> >>I don't know, what I possibly changed on my system, but Wine suddenly
> >>does not work anymore on my Suse 9.2. I have tried several versions from
> >>the end of 2004 until now (all RPMs for Suse 9.2) and I get the same
> >>result with each of them.
> >

> >Do the following on a console for the user using Wine:
>
> [...]
>
> This results in this:
>
> $ wine /work2/notepad.exe

Did you call wine *without* any parameter after creating the directory
and producing the config? Is you Wine a winehq version? Which one?

> wine: cannot find '/work2/notepad.exe'

What is this? Notepad is part of Wine. As you can see there is no /work2
directory. Use "wine notepad" instead.

> When I copy your config into my old .wine, then I get this:

You should not do that. The config I gave you is an empty one just for
first time call of Wine.

You might get easier results by using WineTools.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"