[Wine]Re: Trying to get Xilinx tools running

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Mon Mar 7 10:19:46 CST 2005

Andrew Ward wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to wine and am trying to get the Xilinx ISE FPGA command line tools
> running. FYI these are gate array compiler tools for the hardware industry.
>
> Anyway, wine seems to be setup enough so that I can run notepad.exe and I also
> ran the Xilinx installer which only crashed at the very end when it was doing
> some device/usb installation, but it managed to copy all the files alright
> and setup the registry. Now when I try to run 'wine xst.exe' which is a
> command line compiler tool that comes with the Xilinx software I get the
> following error messages, which keep on scrolling, but here are the first
> ones:

If you are using a 2.4 Linux kernel, and you follow these instructions
closely, the Xilinx tools should work fine:
http://www.danbbs.dk/~kibria/xilinx.html

I just tried this a few days ago with a current Wine and Webpack6.3. It
works fine, and the tools run fine for me. I am running RH9. I have seen
reports that there might be problems on a 2.6 Linux kernel.