[Wine]Installing dcom98 on wine 20050111 using winetools

David Harel hareldvd at ergolight-sw.com
Thu Mar 10 00:03:23 CST 2005

Hi,

As suggested by Joachim, and after a fresh start using 20050111, I try
to use winetools to set wine configuration. As described on:
http://www.von-thadden.de/Joachim/WineTools/  I started the basic
installation in which I also went through the dcom98 installation but
got errors. First I got a wine window labeled "W95inf3.." stating
"ThunkConnect32 Failure!!" and on the console I noticed the error:
"Could not load 'SETUPX.DLL' required by 'W95INF16', error=2
err:thunk:_loadthunk (W95INF16.DLL, w95thk_ThunkData16, W95INF32.DLL):
Unable to load 'W95INF16.DLL', error 2" (twice)

and then I get another wine window labeled "DCOM98 for Windo..." and the
error is: "Error loading W95INF32.DLL"