[Wine]Re: Step-by-step guide for PowerPoint under wine?

Peter Wahl info_pw at yahoo.de
Sun Mar 13 22:04:34 CST 2005

Dear Holly,

thanks for your suggestions! The reason why I
installed wine-20041019 and not the latest release is
that Winetools recommends wine-20041019 as 'highly
preferred'. I couldn't find a ready made rpm of this
version ... by the way, I'm running SuSE 9.1; the only
version of xdialog I could find was for 9.0, but I
read that it would work for 9.1 too.

I did do 'make install' as root from within the
wine-directory. Xdialog is listed in YaST as
installed, but still winetools returns with:

rpm -i winetools-2.1.1-jo.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        wine is needed by winetools-2.1.1-jo
        xdialog is needed by winetools-2.1.1-jo

Thanks for your help,
Peter

--- Holly Bostick <motub at planet.nl> wrote:
> Peter Wahl wrote:
> > My good ness,
> >
> > now you must think I'm a complete newbie to the
> Web. I
> > thought this in the download link so I really
> > downloaded the link, instead of just clicking on
> it I
> > downloaded it.
> >
> > Well, now I downloaded the wine-20041019, ran the
> > configure (takes a minute), then 'make .... &&
> make'
> > which takes around 20 minutes, which returns after
> > endless number of lines: Wine Build complete.
> >
> > Fine, great work from all involved.
> >
> > But I think one more 'wine' step is missing
> (install
> > ???), since:
> >
> > rpm -i winetools-2.1.1-jo.i386.rpm
> > error: Failed dependencies:
> >         wine is needed by winetools-2.1.1-jo
> >         xdialog is needed by winetools-2.1.1-jo
> >
> > Prior to this, I installed 'Xdialog' with:
> > rpm -i

ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-guru/rpm/packages/Utilities/xdialog/Xdialog-2.1.1-2suse90.i686.rpm

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=6241&package_id=79444