[Wine]Re: Step-by-step guide for PowerPoint under wine?

Peter Wahl info_pw at yahoo.de
Wed Mar 16 11:54:29 CST 2005

Hi Joachim,

Thanks! dcom98.exe is now in ~/winetools/sys, but I
had to tweak ~/.wine/winetools.log; since I didn't
install it the official way, there wasn't a correct
entry.

I continued the base setup and right I'm working on
installing IE6 (english). Same thing, the download bar
remained at 0%, so I downloaded the file myself again
and stored it in /tmp. Right after downloading, the MS
install wizard comes up and allows to select some
options of what I want installed. It takes a few
minutes before it offers the possibility to enter a
proxy adress into the wizard and only then the
installation begins.

IE6 is running fine

Perfect job, you all ! Congratulations !