[Wine]wine-20050211 on SuSE 9.2

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Fri Mar 18 19:24:50 CST 2005

Please remember to use "Reply To All" when responding to a post on this
list, otherwise the reply goes only to the personal email of the sender,
which is not really all that helpful to those who may search the list
archives in the future.

Andrew Neil Ramage wrote:
> I can't afford the Pro release - I just downloaded the Personal CD and
> installed that.  Is there a site I can add to YAST that has the missing
> RPMs ?
>
> Andrew

In this respect, Pro or Personal is irrelevant. YAST is the same under
both, since it's an essential component of SuSE. The only difference is
that your CD (which is likely your only listed installation source)
doesn't have development packages, so you have to configure YAST to get
the packages from the Internet-- but they're freely available on the
SuSE mirrors.

Head on over to the SuSE site and find a mirror reasonably close to you,
such as ftp://ftp.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.suse.com/pub/ (which is
listed on the SuSE mirror page at
http://www.novell.com/products/linuxprofessional/downloads/ftp/int_mirrors.html
as a mirror for the UK), and add the /suse/i386/current directory to
YAST's installation sources.

If you aren't sure how to add a repository to YAST's available
installation sources, you can find instructions in this thread on
LinuxQuestions.org:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=213099&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Hope this helps.

Holly