[Wine]all fonts gone crazy

Andrew Neil Ramage nrsc16850 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Mar 19 10:36:04 CST 2005

This is caused by your fonts directory having been trashed.  Go to
~/.wine/drive_c/windows and look for a fonts directory.  If it is there,
you just need to download and install Windows base fonts from
Sourceforge.net.  If not, create the directory and follow the same
procedure.  (Before you have installed Arial you will have to guess what
the buttons on the install screen are.  Once Arial is installed,
everything looks better for further font installs.)

Andrew

"Someone set a bad example
makes surrender seem alright;
The act of a noble warrior
who's lost the will to fight

And now you're trembling on a rocky ledge
Staring out into a heartless sea
Facing life on a razor's edge
Nothing's what you thought it would be."

Rush, The Pass (Presto, 1989)