[Wine]Regression in wine 20050310

Emmanuel Charpentier charpent at bacbuc.dyndns.org
Sun Mar 20 04:23:22 CST 2005

Dear list,

The latest "snapshot" is giving me serious guff, but I haven't seen any
report of this in moire than a week, so it might be *my* installation.

Setup : Debian unstable, often updated. Wine Tools as packaged for
Debian by Scott.

I have been able to use MS Office 2K apps with various degrees of
success with Wine for more than a year. MS Access had some problems with
windows focus, but was usable. Wine 20041201 solved this one, but
introduced problems with IE (not really a problem for me...). I saw the
windows management regressions in 200501xx and 200502xx, and reverted
back to 20041201.

I installed 20040310 as packaged by Debian maintainar (Hi, Ove ! ) and
was unable to use most MS Office apps : with WinWord and Excel, wine
dies with an X server error ; the initial screen of MS Access appears,
but the same error appears after choosing an mdb file to work with.
owerpoint did not die on me ; I didn't try to really use it, though. I
captured the errors :

- Attempt on MsAccess :

fixme:font:SetMapperFlags (0xf8, 0x00000001): stub - harmless
fixme:toolbar:TOOLBAR_SetRows multiple rows not supported!
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
   Major opcode of failed request:  1 (X_CreateWindow)
   Serial number of failed request:  593
Wine failed with return code 1

- Attempt of Excel :

fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set ThreadImpersonationToken handle
to (nil)
fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set ThreadImpersonationToken handle
to 0xb4
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
   Major opcode of failed request:  1 (X_CreateWindow)
   Serial number of failed request:  342
Wine failed with return code 1

- Attempt of WinWord :

fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_GetDeviceCaps (0xa8): CAPS1 is unimplemented, will
return 0
fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set ThreadImpersonationToken handle
to (nil)
fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set ThreadImpersonationToken handle
to 0xcc
fixme:powermgnt:SetThreadExecutionState (0x80000001): stub, harmless.
fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set ThreadImpersonationToken handle
to (nil)
fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set ThreadImpersonationToken handle
to (nil)
fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set ThreadImpersonationToken handle
to (nil)
fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set ThreadImpersonationToken handle
to (nil)
fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set ThreadImpersonationToken handle
to (nil)
fixme:shell:SHChangeNotify unknown type 00000003
fixme:powermgnt:SetThreadExecutionState (0x80000000): stub, harmless.
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window width 1702076
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window width 1702076
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window width 1702076
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window width 1702076
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
   Major opcode of failed request:  1 (X_CreateWindow)
   Serial number of failed request:  402
Wine failed with return code 1

I tried to peruse the wine-developpers mailing list archive : this does
not look like any problem already reported, and seems specific to this
setup.

Any ideas ? Any suggestions on how to pinpoint the problem ?

Sincerely,

					Emmanuel Charpentier