[Wine]Wine success: HABit Wordstar Converter (version 3)

deedee deedee at writestop.com
Sun Mar 20 11:03:37 CST 2005

On Saturday 19 March 2005 01:17 pm, Charles Curley wrote:
> I had need of a bit of computer archeology (oddly enough, for a
> couple of archaeologists, but that's another story). I used Henry
> Bartlett' HABit Wordstar Converter (version 3)
> (http://www.hotkey.net.au/~hambar/habit/wsconvrm.htm) to convert
> some Wordstar for Mess-DOS files to text and HTML. It worked just
> fine under wine (http://www.winehq.org). wine-20041201-1fc3winehq
> on Fedora Core 3 Linux.

In case there are WordStar users on this list, you should know that
all DOS versions of WordStar work perfectly using Dosemu on Linux
systems. And, Rein Klazes produced patches so that WordStar for
Windows works under Wine. WordStar (all versions after WordStar 4)
included filters for converting to ASCII as well as a wide variety of
other formats. In fact WordStar DOS in nondocument mode is an ASCII
text editor.

However, if all you have are WordStar DOS files and no copy of
WordStar, then using this converter would be good. But if you still
have your copy of WordStar, you can just go ahead and use it on a
Linux system.

deedee
--
Registered Linux User #327485