[Wine]Can't run program; exec-shield or prelink active?

Dillonco dillonco at comcast.net
Mon Mar 21 01:23:13 CST 2005

I have a large installer program (~400MB) that fails to run under wine
(20050310).  It gives me the following:

err:virtual:map_image Image was mapped at 0x60640000: standard load address
for a Win32 program (0x00400000) not available
err:virtual:map_image Do you have exec-shield or prelink active?
wine: could not load L"C:\\WebPACK_71_fcfull_i.exe" as Win32 binary

The thing is that I don't seem to have either (exec-shield or prelink).
The /proc/sys/kernel/exec-shield entry isn't present, and prelink isn't
intalled.  Other programs run fine.  What's the problem?

Thanks