[Wine]winetools (and x86_64) problems

T.J. Zeeman tjzeeman at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 24 03:41:39 CST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 13:35 +0100, Joachim von Thadden wrote:
> Am Mi, Mär 23, 2005 at 10:17:12 +0100 schrieb T.J. Zeeman:
> > winetools 2.1.1 (installed from wine.sf.net deb recently) has a few
> > missing double quotes on line 2568. Here's the diff:
>
> As this is an integer comparison the quotes are not needed.

Strange, because after I put in the quotes the test produced output as
it should have (and did not without the quotes). Without the quotes I
also got error messages.

> > Arial is no longer downloadable from umn.dl.sourceforge.net (I got it
> > from kent.dl.sourceforge.net).
>
> This is a known issue for all fonts. Use
> http://mesh.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/corefonts/${fontname} and
> place the files to ~/winetools/fonts.

I had not seen it mentioned yet on the wine-users ml so I thought I'ld
mention it.

> > Dcom98 is uninstallable on x86_64. Find attached a screenshot with the
> > backtrace from winedbg (stupid xterm didn't allow copy-n-paste).
>
> Could be. From the Readme:
>
> To use WineTools with AMD64 distributions you might have to call wt2 the
> following way: linux32 /usr/local/bin/wt2
>
> Does this help?

No. I already did that. The screenshot shows the result.

regards,
Thomas