[Wine]Can I run windows console (command line) applications using WINE

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Mon Mar 28 17:44:36 CST 2005

Well, I was about to send you a message saying RTFM, but I don't see
it in the FM. Maybe the FM maintainer(s) will add this to the FM.

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 03:16:07PM -0800, Kaushik, Susheel wrote:

>    Hi,
>

>    I understand Windows UI applications can run in Linux using wine.
>

>     1. Can I run console/command line applications also?

Some. I've already found out you cannot run programs
that access the video hardware directly. Use wineconsole.

>     2. If  yes,  a  how  can  a  shell script running on Linux invoke the
>        console/command line application. (A sample would be great)

[ccurley at charlesc portal]$ cat $(which rf)
#!/bin/sh

# Time-stamp: <2005-01-24 07:57:01 ccurley rf>

# Shell script to launch real-Forth from wine.

# set the geometry once and for all. wineconsole seems to prefer 80x25
geo=80x25-15+20

xterm -fn 10x20 -geometry $geo -e 'cd ~/.wine/drive_c/crc/rf ; /usr/bin/wineconsole c:\\crc\\rf\\rff.com 3 load'