[Wine]Access 97 on Wine 20041019

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Wed May 4 03:23:38 CDT 2005

Am Mi, Mai 04, 2005 at 12:21:32 +1000 schrieb jurgen:
> I'm having trouble getting Access 97 working with Wine 20041019. Word and
> Excel work just fine, as far as I've used them, but Access simply refuses to
> start. I've installed off an original installer CD through the WineTools (
> 2.11jo) utility. I customised the install, removing everything except for
> the basic application files for Word, Excel and Access. I've also installed
> all of the Base Setup and all of the Windows System Software from WineTools.
>
> During install, it complains about not being able to update the workgroup
> database, but the install completes fine anyway. When I navigate to Access's
> folder and type "wine MSACCESS.EXE", the splash screen comes up just fine,
> then a second later, I get an error dialogue box:
>
> Microsoft Access couldn't find the file "C:\windows\system\system.mdw". This
> file is required for startup.

Very interesting as I do not have this file on my whole harddisk and
Access just works fine. The only difference between your and my setup I
can see is that I installed the whole Office 2000 Suite. Hmmm, sorry, I
overlooked that you mean Access '97. I don't know whether it works very
well. Will try tonight.

Regards
	Joachim von Thadden
          Never run a touchy system!!!"