[Wine]3com webconnect webcam and webcam32 on Wine?

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Tue May 10 01:48:36 CDT 2005

Matthew L Reed schreef:

> Maarten, I was given your email address from James Hawkins, so I hope
> you don't mind me emailing you directly. Do you have any information
> on using webcams via wine, or links to resources? I'm trying to use a
> 3com webconncect with webcam32 software on Slackware 10.0, wine, KDE.
> Thanks :)
>
> -Matty-

Well, right now I'm not really working on it as i have to learn
everything I had to learn for high school the past 6 years, in 2 weeks..
but I sent some patch to wine-devel earlier, if your webcam driver
supports 320x240 as primary mode it might work for you, software
resizing is supported but there is a bug in it which makes it crash when
it has to do software resizing, in 3 to 4 weeks I'll resume working on
it though..

And the work wasn't really on avicap32, but more on qcap (directshow
(quartz) capture services..), I had to put something in avicap because
it uses avicap to find a webcam..