[Wine]fixme Real Producer install errors

Hack Hawk hh at hackhawk.net
Wed May 11 19:51:30 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 15:39, Hack Hawk wrote:
> I'm getting several errors, and was hoping to get some initial direction
> on where to begin troubleshooting these errors.  I've been looking
> around the winehq website for more than a day now without success.  I've
> tried copying a few dll's from Windows XP into the wine area with
> different results, but still no success.

I tried something different.  I tried "Browsing" to the install folder,
and I received the following message from the installer upon choosing a
folder and clicking OK.

-- InstallShield Wizard --
'C:\Apps\Real\RealProducerBasic10'

is invalid, incomplete or write protected.  Please
type a full path with drive letter: for example
'C:\APPS'.

I have manually created the above folder under the "drive_c" folder, and
I even set permissions to 777 recursively to ensure write access.  I
still keep getting this error.  I have verified that there is a pointer
for C: -> ../drive_c in the dosdevices folder.

hmmm...  Any suggestions?
Thanks
Rich