[Wine]ThunkConnect32 Failure!

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Sun May 15 14:29:56 CDT 2005

Am Sa, Mai 14, 2005 at 04:49:07 -0400 schrieb Stephen Liss:
> I have tried to get IE5.5 & 6 running on
> Wine under FreeBSD 5.3.
>
> When I try to install DCOM98.EXE using
> Joachim's WineTools, it asks me

WineTools are currently only tested on Linux. There was someone trying
it under Solaris but I do not know how far he got. If you get it
working with FreeBSD it woul be nice to get your patches and if you
help me to make a packet for this platform would also be nice.

> "OK to install DCOM98 for Windows 98?" <Yes>

First you should know that you definitely use an unsupported version of
Wine. I strongly recommend 20041019 for WineTools as the Site
recommends.  If you look at the output you can see that there already
fixmes at the start of some very basic commands (wine --version):

> Wine fixme:file:get_default_drive_device auto detection of DOS devices not supported on this platform
> fixme:ntdll:NtQueryVolumeInformationFile device info not properly supported on this platform

I don't know whether this already makes a problem with dcom98 but it
could be. It seems to mean that Wine can not automatically find out
which of the drives in ~/wine/dosdevices is responsible for resolving
the actual path to a DOS drive letter. As WineTools needs this feature
at several points this could make a problem.

Has anyone on this list ever had luck in installing dcom98 under FreeBSD?

Regards
	Joachim von Thadden
          Never run a touchy system!!!"