[Wine]Choppy sound

Fabrice DELENTE fabrice.delente at free.fr
Mon May 16 11:25:10 CDT 2005

Hello all.

I have a strange and irritating problem with Star Wars: Knights of the Old
Republic.

I played ok up to a place where I saved. There, I quit the game. When I
restarted, the sound became choppy, making the game unplayable: about 1/2
sec of sound plays, then loops for about 3-4 sec, then the next 1/2 sec,
loops again, etc...

The screen isn't updated during this; well, it is updated, but once every 15
sec.

When I switched to another virtual console, to kill wine, the sound resumed
normally! No more chooping and looping. So I came back to X, but at once the
problem restarted.

This occurs with wineoss and winealsa, UseMMap or not.

Seems to be a scheduling/threading problem, but I can't find a way to solve
that. Any hint?

Thanks.

--
Fabrice DELENTE