[Wine]Re: Help: Failed to create the process heap

Jeffrey Powell jrpinjapan at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 10:33:18 CDT 2005

I did perform a rpm -e prior to installing the newest version.

I will retry that then run wine --version again to ensure it's gone then
reinstall.

I did do a build from source at one time in the past. Perhaps if I had a
filename to do a "find -name" on I could verify that it's not lurking in
some non-rpm installed location.

Thanks,

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 18:56 +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:

> On Mon, 16 May 2005 08:34:42 -0500, Jeffrey Powell wrote:
> > I recently upgraded from RH9 to Fedora core 3 and the old wine
> > 200404...rh9winehq failed with the error message: Failed to create the
> > process heap. I downloaded and installed wine-20050419-1fc3winehq and I
> > was surprised to get the same error message.
>
> That's an execshield/prelink failure. You definitely should not get it
> with the newest Wine - maybe the old version is sticking around somehow?

Jeffrey Powell
15953 East 410 Road
Claremore, OK 74017
(918) 341-3917