[Wine]Re: Start Windows application from another windows application

Harry van der Wolf harryvanderwolf at hccnet.nl
Sat May 21 14:51:21 CDT 2005

Thanks Rein for you answers and sorry for the badly formatted HTML-mail.
It looked good when I sent it. This one is plain text.

  You program crashes (division by zero, reason unknown) and wine
  automatically starts the debugger. There is nothing relating to "Start
  Windows application from another windows application" in here.

And yes, you are right, it was a stupid mistake not checking that first.

I tried to build wine from the CVS tree, but without success. I tried
autopano.exe 1.02 instead of 1.03 and that works when using it with
"wine autopano.exe".
When using it from PTGui it also works. However, in the end I get the
error "Could not delete file 'c:\windows\temp\"number"\0503-027.jpg':
Access denied". The computed control points are not returned to the
program. I don't understand that one. It is in my own home directory
where I should have full write access. Just to make sure (as I don't
understand what's happening)  I did a "chmod a+rwx" on the temp dir, but
that didn't help either: it gave me the same error. I hope you know
what's going on there.

When creating panorama photo's you "stich" photo's together based on
overlapping areas. This is done by adding control points which
anchor/map the exact same points in the first photo with that same
points in the second photo and so on. The autopano program does that
automatically for you which saves a lot of work. Autopano works with a
lot of command line parameters. When started without parameters it looks
for images in the current directory and uses these to create control
points. That's why it complaints about wanting at least two photo's. On
the http://autopano.kolor.com/sample_pictures.zip page are a set of
sample images, but I can send you a set also.

Thanks again for your help so far.

Harry