[Wine]Problem with InstMsiA.exe

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Tue May 24 02:50:47 CDT 2005

Am Mo, Mai 23, 2005 at 09:31:45 +0200 schrieb Dennis Meulensteen:

> >I just made a very short try with the new WineTools and the limited
> >version for download: Installs out of the box without problems and runs
> >just fine with native comctl32.dll and commctl.dll. WineTools uses
> >wine-20041019. So my guesses are your problem comes from:
> >
> >- the wine version you use
> >- the config (try the one of WineTools to be found on my site)
> >- the base setup I use (including DCOM98 and IE6)
> >

> Tried all that, using the recommended versions and downloads only. The
> installers work fine now! I can get the trial and the registered version
> up and running OK.
>
> Just one problem you may have missed in your test. If you add a default
> database, you will soon see that the toolbars above the main windows are
> corrupted. I found out that this is due to unimplemented calls in the
> "builtin" comctl32.dll interface. (oh sh1t...)
>
> When I used the native version of this DLL in some previous testing I
> could see them properly (even though some file handling stuff was a bit
> problematic).
>
> Problem is that I can't get Imatch to work with WineTools using the
> native comctl32.dll! It either just hangs on startup or loads with the
> builtin Dll.
> This is what I tried, witha nd without the asterisk.

I added:

; Imatch Image Management
[AppDefaults\\IMatch.exe\\DllOverrides]
"comctl32" = "native"

which works just fine and is the same as yours. You have to install the
Common Controls from Windows System Software and download commctrl from
http://www.dll-files.com/, unzip it and put it into windows/system. ANd
note that Imatch is not very fast with Wine.

Regards
	Joachim von Thadden
          Never run a touchy system!!!"