[Wine] what is faster: wine20041019 or 0.9

Markus Winhard mw at bingo-ev.de
Wed Nov 2 10:38:14 CST 2005

Hi Scott,

<< There is no known bug in 0.9 that would make it any slower. >>

    I'm asking not only because of possible bugs.

    I read that some things in Wine were more or less completeley
rewritten since version 20041019. IIRC one of them was the window
manager and there were also licensing issues regarding font anti
aliasing which could have ended in a completely different
implementation.

    Such massive code changes would IMHO always influence performance.
So the pending question for my old pentium 233 hardware is still:

    Has wine become faster or slower since 20041019?

Markus Winhard