[Wine] Bug in Slackware Package for Wine 0.9?

Manuel Reimer manuel.spam at nurfuerspam.de
Tue Nov 8 15:48:02 CST 2005

Hello,

I've tried installing Wine using the Slackware package (I'm using
Slackware 10.2).

If I'm doing so, then Wine seems to work fine, but does never exit if
I'm using the "close" button of the window manager.

What's the reason? The packages has the correct md5-sum, so it's no
corrupted download.

I've now compiled Wine from source, used "make prefix=$PKG/usr install"
to "redirect" the installation and created a package on my own. My "self
made" version now works well.

What's wrong with the official package? Was there any danger for my
system by using this package (is the file infected by something)?

Thank you very much in advance for any information about this problem...

CU

Manuel