[Wine] no config file

phil lemelin phil.lemelin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 09:37:04 CDT 2005

Hi Jim,
Depending on the version of wine you are using, it may not be dependant on
the config file anymore.
Do : $wine --version
It should give you the version you are using.
On my wine version : 20050524, the config file is halfed used ...
The current documentation of wine, on the
www.winehq.com<http://www.winehq.com>website is pretty broken and
their are attempting to fix that.
If you are using the latest release, use $ winecfg
This should give you a gui to configure wine.

Instead of

On 10/3/05, Jim Maas <james.maas at nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:

> I've tried installing wine using synaptic on ubuntu, also compiling form
> source and a couple of other ways but never get a ./wine/config file ?
>
> Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim
> --
>
> Dr. Jim Maas
> james.maas at nottingham.ac.uk
>
>  This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an
> attachment may still contain software viruses, which could damage your
> computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks. Email
> permitted by UK legislation.

Philippe-Alexandre Lemelin