[Wine] Benefits from using original Windows DLLs?

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Mon Oct 3 15:30:48 CDT 2005

Hello,

I still own MS Windows NT 4 Workstation and Windows95 both on CD.
According to the FAQ Windows can't be installed using Wine, but the
DLLs could be extracted and used with Wine.

Is there much benefit from doing this? I guess the DLLs could be copied
to ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system right?

If it makes sense, what is best to used, Win95 or Win NT4? Is this
procedure legally allowed (I do not have Windows installed anywhere on
the harddrive, just own the original CDs)?

TIA
Malte