[Wine] very close but some small error

Jim Maas james.maas at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Oct 4 11:10:49 CDT 2005

I'm attempting to install and run a program called ACSL (advanced
continuous simulation language) on wine.

So far the closest I've got is by installing
Wine 20050725
on my Ubuntu (Debian) Linux by using the latest
wine-config-sidenet-1.8.6
which appears to install ok and then installs the software ok.

However when I try to run it using
wine acslX
which should start it I get lots of code returning along with the
following errors.

Can anyone tell me if this is fixable, or not worth wasting time on?
Secondly if it is fixable where would I go to look for information?

Thanks and Regards

Jim

------------------------
ixme:nls:CompareStringW Ignoring unknown style 0x10000000
fixme:nls:CompareStringW Ignoring unknown style 0x10000000
fixme:nls:CompareStringW Ignoring unknown style 0x10000000
fixme:nls:CompareStringW Ignoring unknown style 0x10000000
fixme:nls:CompareStringW Ignoring unknown style 0x10000000
fixme:nls:CompareStringW Ignoring unknown style 0x10000000
fixme:sync:CreateIoCompletionPort (0xffffffff, (nil), 00000000,
00000000): stub.
fixme:nls:CompareStringW Ignoring unknown style 0x10000000
fixme:advapi:RegisterEventSourceA ((null),".NET Runtime"): stub
fixme:advapi:RegisterEventSourceW (L"",L".NET Runtime"): stub
fixme:advapi:ReportEventW
(0xcafe4242,0x0001,0x0000,0x00000000,(nil),0x0001,0x00
000000,0x7a46ca14,(nil)): stub
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L".NET Runtime version 1.1.4322.573- Setup
Error: Fail ed to load resources from resource file\nPlease check your
Setup"
fixme:advapi:DeregisterEventSource (0xcafe4242) stub

Unhandled Exception: StackOverflowException.
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 000b), starting debugger...
WineDbg starting on pid 0xa
Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit
code (0x0 0000000).
In 32 bit mode.

--

Dr. Jim Maas