[Wine] Re: What Windows apps stand in the way of switching to Linux at your shop?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 12:41:28 CDT 2005

On 10/7/05, Dan Kegel <daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you use these programs for your hobby, or for work?
> Do the people around you use them, too?
>
> What program do you use to convert mp3's to AMR format?
> - Dan

These are just for hobby, so I am flexible to switch to another
program. All my business tools I have in native linux applications.
Other than my wife, nobody else I know uses Brilliant Photo. She does
have learn-it-anew handicap, however, I think that I can get her over
it if you can suggest a linux photo-managment program that supports
IPTC data. I have only found MapiVi, and it is too early in
development to be of the use that we need. Hobby, yes, but a serious
hobby.

The amr conversion was just an example, something that we did for a
friend. My personal telephone plays mp3 and wav ringtones. I don't
remember which program we used, but if it is important to you, I could
go find out.

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com/index.php