[Wine] Re: What Windows apps stand in the way of switching to Linux at your shop?

Jonathan Ernst Jonathan at ErnstFamily.ch
Sat Oct 8 03:42:07 CDT 2005

Le vendredi 07 octobre 2005 à 23:14 -0400, James E. LaBarre a écrit :
> Dan Kegel wrote:
> > On 10/7/05, Ken Cheney <ken at aasmg.com> wrote:
> >
> >>I am using a software called Calyx Point.  Runs on .NET... so .NET would be
> >>key.
> >

> > Sorry, Wine is not going to run .NET any time soon.
> >
> > Mono might, though.
>
> As far as I've been able to determine, Mono is only usable as a C#
> runtime as long as the programme has been compiled to use it.
> Otherwise, the MS .NET is the only option.

AFAIK once a .Net application is compiled into byte code, it doesn't
make any difference what language was used. Mono can only compile C#
maybe, but at runtime it makes no difference if the app was coded using
C# or vb.net.

--
Jonathan Ernst <Jonathan at ErnstFamily.ch>