[Wine] Re: epoll_ctl: Operation not permitted

Andrzej Kaczmarczyk akaczmarczyk at visualsystems.com.pl
Fri Oct 7 10:29:43 CDT 2005

> I think it is connected with audio card, so I switched off the audio
> system in wine (I don't need it anyway), the file isn't growing right now,
> hopefully the ghost will never return.
Well, it did return :(
The source I believe now is trying to run the console application with wine,
instead of wineconsole (not that I've ever managed to run wineconsole - I
was always dumped to the winedbg screen).

The simple solution is to turn off default extension association, and
manually run all exe files with 'wine program_name.exe'

CUIN Kaczy