[Wine] Re: Not able to use cdrom-drives

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Mon Oct 10 10:24:13 CDT 2005

Christian Lachner wrote:
> I Don't have those device-nodes and /dev/hdd does not link to
> anything. Do you really think, that wine needs this scsi-ide driver?
> However, this seems to be a big bug in winecfg that should be fixes
> until 0.9.

Do you burn CDs/DVDs, listen to audio CDs, watch DVDs? I think most of
those applications require the ide-scsi driver, so you might be able to
tell by looking at the configuration of one of them. You can always, as
root, do "lsmod" and look for the ide-scsi driver. Perhaps mention here
what Linux you are running. Someone else might be able to help (I am
only familiar with RH).

Yes, I agree that it is a bug in winecfg.