[Wine] Internet Explorer and wine 20050930

Dan Kegel daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 11:03:43 CDT 2005

On 10/10/05, Giulio Ferro <auryn at zirakzigil.org> wrote:
> Apart from this problem, I'm really puzzled at the poor usability of
> this software. I mean, programs like Internet Explorer should be
> the first thing that developers should make sure to be workable.
> The fact that just typing "wine ie6setup.exe" yields
> an error gives a really bad impression on this software as a whole.
> I know that the developers aren't working for money, but if they are
> doing this they should first concentrate on making a stable core of
> basic programs to work (IE, outlook, office), before
> giving thought to other applications.

IE turns out to be a very difficult program to support.
Perhaps Wine should put up a warning dialog box if
users try to install it.

Giulio, perhaps you could help solve the problem by
purchasing support for Wine.  That would help the
developers work to solve the problems you care most about.
Failing that, you'll just have to trust that they're attacking
problems in a sensible order.
- Dan