[Wine] Problems installing Watchguard Firebox System software in wine (installshield)

Randall Walls rwalls at gwi.net
Mon Oct 10 21:21:09 CDT 2005

Any chance you can upgrade that wine install to 20050930? I don't know
if Gentoo has this package in their repository, but if all else fails
you could always try a compile from source. There have been patches
against the wine tree that relate to some of the DCOM work that has been
going on, and this may get you a bit past where you are. There are a
number of hits through google for 'Watchguard WFS wine linux' where
people have claimed that it can be done (WFS on Linux using Wine) but no
mention of which version.

Having the dlls in system32 and just linking to system should be fine.
Out of curiosity, did you try an install before doing all the DCOM98
stuff? I'd be curious to see if wine provides any more output for you
than the single line message that it is returning right now. Normally
you would get a good deal of feedback in the terminal that should give
you SOMETHING to go on. I would try the install with a straight $wine
app.exe and from there we may be able to figure where it is failing and
then determine what, if any, native dlls need to be used.

Randall Walls