[Wine] Wine supports Game Port?

Dan Kegel daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 22:03:08 CDT 2005

On 10/16/05, Vinay Babu <samraat2k4 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  S/w Name:     Express Scribe
>  Website    :     www.nch.com.au/scribe/
>  Kernel      :     2.6.8 Debian Sarge 3.1
>  Wine         :    20050930 release
>
>  This s/w uses game port for playing the audio files and also it uses Com
> port for the same. Please try and suggest me how to do that.

http://nch.invisionzone.com/lofiversion/index.php/t643.html
mentions that one person is using Express Scribe under Wine,
so there is some hope.

I see that Express Scribe is a free download.  That makes it easier
for us to try.  I was able to download it, but the demo sound installed
with it was duration zero, and so was a .wav file I tried to load.
Perhaps somebody else can give it a whirl...

Wine probably supports game port buttons when accessed via Direct Input.
I don't see how that app uses game ports other than to sense
footswitches, so maybe that's enough.  (Can you point me to some
information about how it uses the game ports if it does more than sense
footswitch buttons?)
- Dan