[Wine] path and configuration

Dan Kegel daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 09:13:16 CDT 2005

On 10/20/05, Denis <denismpa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I changed in the ~/.wine/config the mapping of my c: to
>
>  "Path" = "/home/teste/.wine/fake_windows"

Stop right there!  If you're using a recent (July 2005 or later)
Wine, you need to do things differently.  ~/.wine/config
is no longer used at all.
It's all controlled by ~/.wine/dosdevices
If ~/.wine doesn't exist, Wine sets it up for you when it first runs,
and creates symlinks for c: and z:.
Here's what that directory contains by default:
$ ls -l ~/.wine/dosdevices/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 dank dank 10 Oct 20 07:02 c: -> ../drive_c
lrwxrwxrwx  1 dank dank  1 Oct 20 07:02 z: -> /

You could try changing where that c: symlink points to.
Hope that helps.  Yes, the doc needs updating!