[Wine] New to Wine

Robert Steinmetz rob at steinmetznet.com
Thu Oct 20 22:40:14 CDT 2005

I am new to Wine and recently tried to get an application to run under
Wine. I was able to get the application to work by copying a working
Program Files folder to the .wine directory. There were two (really 3)
problems.

1) Install Shield failed to work, I gather this is a common problem
2) The App uses a Rainbow Technologies hardware lock.
3) Install Shield for the hardware lock drivers failed.

My question is there any resource which can assist resolving the Install
Shield issues and getting the hardware lock to work?
--
Rob Steinmetz