[Wine] Problem using Quicken 2002, Fedora core 3, various Wine versions

David Johnson johnson_d at cox.net
Thu Oct 20 23:23:03 CDT 2005

Reading other postings in this mailing list, I see that there are
significant changes to the configuration of wine in the newer versions.
Could these be causing my problems?

I took a dump of the stderr and it is trying to start the debugger
(which I probably don't have set up).

Stderr:

fixme:msvcrt:_setmbcp Unreal codepages (e.g. -3) not implemented
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 000d), starting debugger...

With WINEDEBUG=warn+all set, I see this at the end of the trace, when
the spash screen freezes:

Stderr:

warn:file:wine_nt_to_unix_file_name L"\\??\\Z:\\opt\\Quicken2002\
\IPROF32.dll" ->
"/home/joanne/.wine/dosdevices/z:/opt/Quicken2002/IPROF32.DLL" required
a case-insensitive search
warn:dbghelp:StackWalk Cannot read new frame offset 74746841
warn:dbghelp:StackWalk Cannot read new frame offset 74746841

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David Johnson