[Wine] Re: bug with tabs

Emmanuel Charpentier charpent at bacbuc.dyndns.org
Fri Oct 21 13:46:45 CDT 2005

theUser BL wrote:
[ Snip ... ]

>> 3. CD into wine-svn and run ./configure then 'make depend' then 'make'
>> then 'make install'.
>

> I have a 64bit Linux on my computer. And Wine is 32bit. So I can only
> compile to 64bit programs.
> Running 32bit programs is possible, but not compiling.
> Ok, it _is_ possible to comüpile it ("gcc -m32 -o program programc") or
> so. But it needs special options. It is not the same like compiling it
> on 32bit Linux.

You might try to establish a chroot tree for the purpose. See
https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html
for a good starting point.

BTW : how do you run Wine (32 bits) on a 64 bits kernel ? Does your
installation install multiarch architecture ?

I'd be interested : maintaining a chroot eats disks...

					Emmanuel Charpentier