[Wine] wine 0.9: version GLIBC_2.3.4 not defined in file libc.so.6

Alexander Fieroch fieroch at web.de
Sat Oct 29 08:59:04 CDT 2005

Dan Kegel wrote:
> On 10/28/05, Alexander Fieroch <fieroch at web.de> wrote:

> Where did you get your wine-0.9?  Did you build it yourself, or did
> you download
> a binary package?

I've added the source
deb http://wine.sourceforge.net/apt/ binary/
to my debian /etc/apt/sources.list and downloaded the packages wine and
libwine. The previous version from july I've downloaded was working.
Are there any unsolved dependencies?

>>err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin
>>L"dbghelp.dll": /usr/lib/wine/dbghelp.dll.so: symbol regexec, version
>>GLIBC_2.3.4 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

> Since it was complaining about regexec, look for that specifically, e.g.
>
> dank:~$ nm /lib/libc.so.6 | grep regexec
> 00105f10 t __compat_regexec
> 000acd10 t __regexec
> 000acd10 T regexec@@GLIBC_2.3.4
> 00105f10 T regexec at GLIBC_2.0

Hm, that doesn't look good:
$ nm /lib/libc.so.6
nm: /lib/libc.so.6: no symbols

I did a reinstall for libc6 but that does not change anything.
Any hints?

Regards,
Alexander