[Wine] MS Visual FoxPro DECLARE command doesnt work

Markus Winhard mw at bingo-ev.de
Mon Oct 31 04:48:23 CST 2005

I'm a programmer using Microsoft Visual FoxPro for daily work. I'm
trying to run a self written program on wine. This program uses several
Windows API functions. An example is:

 DECLARE INTEGER ShellExecute IN z:/usr/lib/wine/shell32.dll.so ;
   INTEGER, STRING, STRING, STRING, STRING, INTEGER

 ShellExecute( 0, "open", "notepad.exe", "", "", 1 )

The DECLARE line itself seems to work but the actual call to
ShellExecute() raises an error (DLL file is missing or invalid). As the
DLL file is there I think it's looking invalid to VFP. The same happens
with any other Win32API function call I tried.

FWIW, the syntax in Visual Basic 6 is nearly the same. Perhaps there's a
solution for VB6 that works for VFP, too?

Any other ideas?

TIA,

Markus