[Wine] multi user setup for Windows software

Markus Winhard mw at bingo-ev.de
Mon Oct 31 08:15:33 CST 2005

I would like to set up wine for a terminal server machine. I.e. there
are several users logged on this machine and running applications
at the same time.

Most of them are even running the same applications (MS Word and
a custom windows software that hosts IE6 and several ActiveX controls).

AFAIK I have to install IE6 and Word for every user. If there's an
update to one of the used components I have to install this update
for every user again.

That's a bunch of tedious and cost intensive work. So I'd like to
install software only once for all users (like I can do on a windows
terminal server).

Is there a way?

TIA,

Markus Winhard