[Wine] Wine Font Problem with VB app in Ubuntu

Dennis Mercier dennis at markbook.com
Thu Sep 1 05:27:44 CDT 2005

Greetings.

I have been trying to run a VB6 application in Ubuntu using Wine, but it
has a significant font issue. Having been successful in RedHat, where
there was no problem running the Application's fonts in Wine, it is
puzzling why this is not so in Ubuntu.

I have followed the support messages (both archived and current) to try
to correct the problem. I have installed the universe/multiverse
backports. I have installed the msttcorefonts package. The fonts work
fine in all applications (browsers, OpenOffice, etc...) except this one.
I have written and installed a new small VBapp to try to tweak the font
set. Same result. The only fonts that appear are either too small or too
large. This must be an issue some one else has manged to solve.

Currently running with Ubuntu 5.04 Hoary Hedgehog, Wine 0.0.20050725.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.