[Wine] Re: NOLF2 - Registry key?

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 12:49:42 CDT 2005

Randall Walls wrote:
> Setting WINEDEBUG when I call wine to run the app does not
> appear to give me any trace info at all, I have to export the variable
> prior to calling wine to get the desired output.

Odd.  Both work fine for me (using bash 3.0).

> However, when I do this, I can't redirect it, because appending
> 2>&1 winetrace to the end of wine app.exe would redirect output
> from wine, and not what is coming from the trace.

Obviously you would need to add '>' or '1>' before 'winetrace',
assuming that winetrace is your desired log file.

And you would also need to make the redirection of stdout before the
stderr redirection, eg. "wine app.exe >winetrace 2>&1", not "wine
app.exe 2>&1 >winetrace".

What output from wine are you talking about? The occassional warnings?
Or is app.exe a console app?

> Any other thoughts?

Try harder? :-)