[Wine] Using IR port in Wine

Walt Ogburn reuben at ugcs.caltech.edu
Sat Sep 10 14:21:32 CDT 2005

Hi Joaqin,

I assume your Wine directory is under ~/.wine/.  If not, just fill in
whatever the correct location is.

What do you see if you do ls -l ~/.wine/dosdevices?  I'm not sure if this
is the right solution, but you could try making a symlink there called
com4 that points to /dev/ircomm0:

ln -s /dev/ircomm0 ~/.wine/dosdevices/com4

Then see if your program can find the IR port as com4.

Good luck,
- Walter