[Wine] Shockware + firefox sound issues

Randall Walls rwalls at gwi.net
Tue Sep 13 20:11:17 CDT 2005

I have firefox installed under wine (v1.5 on 20050830) and running
fairly well. I have installed Shockwave + flash, both of which seem to
work as good as their native counterparts (Native Windows in the case of
shockwave) except that sound in shockwave is jumpy and seems to be
suffering from an underrun issue. This is the output in the terminal:

fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=14780
< primary_done=26856)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=14780
< primary_done=26856)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=14776
< primary_done=26852)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=14776
< primary_done=26852)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=14772
< primary_done=26848)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=14772
< primary_done=26848)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=14768
< primary_done=26844)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=14768
< primary_done=26844)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=14764
< primary_done=26840)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=14764
< primary_done=26840)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=14760
< primary_done=26836)

There appears to be one of these messages for every sound played.

Has anyone had a similar experience with shockwave under wine? Any
suggestions? I've already tried googling this, but any search with the
words 'shockwave linux' return 50 thousand posts from people asking if
shockwave works on linux. Shockwave wine returns some info, but nothing
recent and nothing mentioning sound issues.

Thanks

Randall Walls