[Wine] Wine07252005 spooler problem

Frank W wang960_a at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 18 09:18:23 CDT 2005

Hi,

I installed Wine07252005, my printer is EPSON LX 300X,  it's CUPS, the name is EPSON9Pin. I tested it with a simple Delphi program and have two problems:

1) If i print using a report builder like RBuilder, it prints quite well, but the font does look good in the print out.

2) If I use spooler to print, like following:

if StartDocPrinter(PrnHandle, 1, @DocInfo) = 0 then
  begin
  ErrMsg('StartDocPrinter');
  Exit;
  end;
I get an error that 'path not found'

I checked the source code printdrv.c, it is looking for something like this in the registry:
/* @@ Wine registry key: HKCU\Software\Wine\Printing\Spooler */
    if(!RegOpenKeyA(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "Software\\Wine\\Printing\\Spooler", &hkey))

but I can't find this in my setup when i run regedit, any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

FrankW